Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Random Updates: Scouting, Scrapbooking, TLC, Cleaning, & Family

Friday afternoon Kurt left Logan and I to take his Venture crew camping for the night in Mt. Diablo State Park. It was their first officers retreat to plan out activities for the next year. Kurt said they had a lot of fun despite the mother and baby raccoons they saw. He learned that raccoons can chew through a cardboard box to find yummy chips, marshmallows, etc.

After putting Logan to bed, I decided I'd spoil myself with an evening of scrapbooking and TLC. I usually miss my Friday night episodes of "What Not to Wear" and "Say Yes to the Dress". For some reason Kurt doesn't enjoy watching them with me? :) I also discovered another hilarious show that I hadn't see before..."Rock the Reception". Has anyone else seen this? Instead of a newly married couple having their traditional first dance, they put together a choreographed dance to a random song...for example, "Can't Touch This", "Crazy in Love", or "Baby Got Back." (all 3 of those songs were on Friday's episode.) My friend Tanya also came over and visited for a few hours. Since I usually try to multi task I was able to complete, well partially complete a stack of scrapbook pages. They are finished, I just have to go back and do a bunch of journaling on them. It was a lot of fun.

Saturday morning/afternoon our stake put on a Pioneer Day Celebration BBQ. Any time I don't have to cook anything I'm in! It was a lot fun to sit and visit with friends and watching Logan get dirty running around with all of the other little ones.

This week so far...I've just been cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning more. My house was in need of some serious Spring cleaning in July. I'm happy to report that 2/3 of my long list is completed...but today I have to mop my kitchen, sunroom, and living room. The good news is after today the playing begins!

We're having the 1st bi-annual Keyser Family Reunion at our house this week! Most of the family will be here (we'll miss seeing Rachelle, Clint, & Dane...and well I guess Elder Nick Keyser is in CA, we just won't get to see him). Everyone flies in starting tomorrow morning. Our plans, subject to change, are to go to Santa Cruz and then drive up to Half Moon Bay on Thursday and then take BART into San Francisco on Friday. Saturday we may go visit the Oakland Temple and see a few other things in Oakland before Ryan & Shelley leave. Nancy, Craig, Jason, & Jeanette will be here until Monday night. It should be a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Adriann said...

I love TLC, and I too never get to watch What Not To Wear and Say Yes To The Dress. Whatever reason that is keeping Kurt from watching is apparently keeping Shane from watching as well! I saw commercials for Rock The Reception and it looked so good! Maybe one of these days I'll try drugging Shane on a Friday night so I can watch all the good shows =). Shhhh, don't tell!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails