Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Health Update


We're not better quite yet, but we're well on our way.

I think Kurt is doing fine, he's at least not complaining about anything. lol

I generally feel ok, just am lacking energy.  Not sure if it's a mild version of what the kids have or from the pregnancy...either way I'm tired and don't usually get showered/dressed until the afternoon.  I also have an OBGYN appointment scheduled for next Wednesday - so wish me luck that everything goes well!

Logan and Kelsie still have runny noses, a semi-bad cough, and watery eyes.

Tuesday night we needed a break from the leftovers and the kids were getting pretty stir crazy from not leaving the house in a week, so we took a train ride and went to dinner in Kamata.

We ended up eating at KFC because all the kids wanted were "kids meals" and we didn't feel like a burger.  I will say KFC in Japan tastes better than KFC in the states.  It just feels lighter.  Also they don't serve mashed potatoes, only french fries.

I'll probably end up heading back down to Kamata on a different day when we're healthy.  Around the station were tons of great stores with decent prices.  We found a great shoe store and bought Kelsie some new church shoes since her feet have grown a lot.  Kurt found a store that sold A&W rootbeer. It was super expensive, but when you can't find it anywhere else - it's worth it.  He also found a farmer's market type of store with great prices.  He bought bananas at Costco prices.  They even had avocados!  They were like $1/piece, but I haven't seen them anywhere else.  I found a bakery that sold REAL donuts.  Most Japanese pastries LOOK delicious, but aren't.

Lastly, we stopped by the pharmacy to pick up some masks for the kids.  I guess their officially Japanese now.  They were really excited about them at first and then Logan wanted his off.  I'm not sure how much good they actually do...but we don't get as many looks when they cough on the train and they aren't able to put their fingers in their mouths, so I'm calling it a win.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails