Monday, January 14, 2013

First Snow

Today in Japan it's a National Holiday - "Coming of Age Day".  The day is set aside to encourage those who have newly entered adulthood to become self-reliant members of society.  In Japan, age 20 means you're an adult.  They are now allowed to vote, smoke, and drink.  So...pretty much it's a big party for 20 year olds.  They dress up, take pictures in formal kimonos, etc.  For us, since we're not 20, it was a play day.

While I was making eggs and bacon for everyone, Logan looked out the window and it was snowing!  Rain was in the forecast, but we weren't expecting snow!

We thought for sure it would stop, but after hours and hours it just kept coming!  I think we ended up with about 4 inches.  I kept waiting for the snow to slow down so the kids could go play, but since it never did I finally sent them out around 3pm.

The kids got cold pretty fast, but it didn't seem to bother them.  We aren't fully equipped for snow.  Kelsie's snow pants are size 2T,  which she wore with rain boots and knitted gloves.  Logan didn't have snow gloves either, but we did buy him some snow boots last fall while we were in the US.  I thought Kelsie had some here, but I was wrong.  Also not sure why I didn't pay snow gloves, but they didn't make the shipment. :(








Views of our street.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails