Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I LOVE Craigslist....

Yesterday afternoon I decided to peek through craiglist listings and see what baby stuff they had available, specifically for double strollers. It's really the only BIG item I'll need once Kelsie is born. We bought Logan's current carseat- Britax Roundabout brand new in box for $30-$40 off retail and also a Graco pack'nplay/portacrib on there brand new for only $60 (like half of its normal price). We've also scored other awesome deals...but I won't list them all.

Anyways, craigslist came through again!!! A lady listed the EXACT stroller I am currently registered for at Target....color and everything! The best part is she's selling it $50-$60 BELOW retail and I won't have to pay shipping! (Target only sells it through their website) It's once again brand new in the box. She ordered it and then 2 days later found out that she was inheriting her sister-in-laws double stroller and wouldn't be needing it. Score for me!

FYI, if you haven't check out http://craiglist.org before, DO IT! Not every area has as many listing as the Bay area (it started in San Francisco), but they still have good stuff on there. We actually sold our little pick-up truck in Utah off of craigslist. It's free to use and list things on there. There are also job listings, housing options (how we found our place in Union City), services, etc. At least where we live, people prefer to use it instead of ebay (and its nice for larger items you wouldn't want to ship).

3 comments:

Robin said...

I love it too. Both kids have Roundabouts. I used it for both since birth. Great car seat. I recently got a Little Tykes swing set for $30! The lady said, "I just want it gone, if you can pick it up this morning, it's yours." Score! The best deals come from crazy rich people who just want to get rid of stuff so they can buy more.

Alyse said...

That's a nice double stroller -- I like it. I t doesn't look as big and bulky as some other doubles do. I love the fact that you got a steal on craigslist. What would we do without it!?

Adriann said...

Oooh, I miss Craigslist. I used it all the time in Oklahoma, but Alexandria does not have one!! It is REALLY annoying. How do you sell your stuff?? Who wants to use Ebay- craigslist is sooo much better. Glad you've gotten so many great deals.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails