Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby Avri Update

This morning I had another Doctor appointment for Baby Avri.  I'm happy to report she is looking good and healthy.  She currently weighs 5 pounds 10.5 ounces...right on track for my small babies, which I am totally ok with. :) (Logan was 6 lb 2 oz, Kelsie was 6 lb 6oz).  I on the other hand, didn't gain any weight.  All that walking to the kids' yochien and back must be doing something.

I'm currently 35 1/2 weeks pregnant, so only about 3 weeks to go!  I confirmed today with Dr. Nakabayashi about getting an epidural.  He said at my next appointment (next Wednesday) he'll check my cervix and if everything is good to go we can schedule an induction date.  Woohoo!  My mom flies in from the US on May 15th, so I'm hoping we can get a date scheduled not too long after she arrives.

In other good news, Dr. Nakabayashi said that I only have to stay in the hospital for 2 days if everything goes as planned.  Our US medical insurance only will cover a 2 day stay, unless we received a note from our doctor saying it was medically necessary.  The Doctor made me laugh when he said that Caucasians are stronger than the Japanese women.  lol  Most Japanese women stay in the hospital for 4-7 days.

Now that we're on the final countdown it's time to start packing for the hospital and get the baby's room ready. I washed and dried my first batch of newborn clothes over the weekend and we've purchased a couple packages of diapers.  I can't wait to meet our new baby girl and not be pregnant anymore!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails