Monday, April 02, 2012

Egg Night

Last Saturday we took a trip to Daiso - an awesome 100 yen (dollar store).  We had one in Union City, but it does not even compare to the ones in Japan.  While wandering around I found this section that I decided to call the Yochien Mom section.  For a bit of background, Japanese moms put together amazing Bento lunches for their kids. I wouldn't be surprised if they spent hours each day just on their kids lunches. :)

I decided to buy a couple of their fun little accessories to "keep up with the Joneses". :)
Behold, the boiled egg shaper.

Step One: Boil egg and peel it while it's still hot.
Step Two: Place in shaper and snap close.
Step Three: Place in refrigerator for at least 5 minutes.
 Step Four: Open mold and behold the egg.
My heart got a little messed up because part of the egg stuck on the shell. :(
 Step Five: Slice egg and Enjoy.
In the future I'll use a sharp knife, not a butter knife.

We started our Easter festivities with the rest of the boiled eggs.  We are tagging along on one of Kurt's business trips Wednesday-Saturday...so tonight was one of our only chances to do the Easter prep.  My mom sent us an Easter package which included Easter egg dye.  (Thanks Mom!)  I realized after we started that I should have bought white eggs...oops.  There is always next year.



 Kurt and Logan's traditional "poop egg".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails