Yesterday we were able to take her to our new pediatrician for her one month check-up. Dr. Endo said she was doing great and that she didn't have various forms of cancer. Yeah...he told us that after he assessed her...multiple times, so I guess that's good. :) He has a very strong Japanese accent, but his English is pretty good, he's American Board Certified, and is willing to follow the US shot schedule which I was happy out. He has a walk-in clinic that is very easy to get to. While we were there all of his patients were foreigners - African and Indian.
Anyways here are Avri's Stats:
- She weighed 3150 g (7 lbs) according to his old ghetto scale. When we weighed her at home she was closer to 7 1/2 lbs. She's probably somewhere in between. (3rd-5th percentile)
- 52 cm long (20.5 inches) - (25th percentile)
- Head circumference was 35 cm (13.8 inches) - (5th-10th percentile)
Other things about Avri:
- At about 3 weeks she started developing the dreaded baby acne. It's not near as bad as Logan's was, but is still there. Hopefully it will clear up soon.
- She loves to sleep with her daddy.
- Mostly breastfeeds like a champ, but sometimes I pump milk for her.
- Still wear Newborn clothes, some of the 0-3 month stuff is starting to fit.
- She only screams bloody murder if she's really hungry or really tired. Other than that she really doesn't cry much.
- She is starting to stay awake for longer periods of time.
- She's been sleeping for 4-6 hour stretches at night which helps me a lot!
- Gets carried everywhere in our Baby Bjorn for now. She's too little for the only stroller we brought to Japan. Occasionally Kurt will carry her on the train in her infant car seat depending on where we are going. He's getting pretty good at eating dinner with her in the bjorn. He's only dropped food on her a couple of times. :)
- She's very alert, when she's awake.
- Her eyes are still blue and seem to be getting a little lighter.
- She still looks a lot like her big brother, but is starting to change a little.
- Poops ALL the time, but just a little bit.
- She's starting to grab onto things, including my hair.
- Doesn't seem to mind tummy time, although I should probably do it more often. She just likes to snuggle and be held a lot.
- Has had 3 successful naps in her crib. Maybe we'll get to move her into her own room soon?