Tuesday, June 26, 2012

31.

I'm officially in my "early thirties" now which is kind of a weird feeling.  I still feel like I'm in my early 20s, until I realize I've been married for almost 11 years, have a college degree, a mortgage, 3 kids, and am living in a foreign country.  Crazy.

Well, today was a beautiful day.  It actually felt like I was back in the Bay Area.  Kurt bought me a chocolate croissant from the coffee shop by the kid's yochien.  My visiting teacher Corina came over and brought me a little palm tree since I was missing the beach and more chocolate.  You can't go wrong with chocolate.

Then Kurt and I (& Avri) decided to hop on the train and go to the Hukilau Cafe for lunch.  It was just too nice to not get out of the house.  After picking up the kids from yochien, my family spoiled me with some presents.  I asked for a scale since I just had a baby and am hoping to lose weight over the next few months and I have no idea how much I weigh.  Kurt gave in and got it for me, but then bought me some expensive Belgium chocolates to make sure I knew he didn't care about the weight. :) Pretty sweet of him...and like I said before you can't go wrong with chocolate!  He also picked me out some cute earrings.


And of course above are the 3 best presents I could have ever asked for!
Kurt and I also started a tradition a while back of letting the kids pick out presents at the dollar store.  Here in Japan they have 100 yen shops which are pretty much the same thing.  Logan picked out chocolate Piccola cookie things (are you seeing a theme yet?) and Kelsie picked out a foot massager.  They both did pretty good!

After nap time, we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner.  It was delicious!  Sometimes its good to just have some good 'ol American (Australian?) food.


It was a pretty good day from start to finish. :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you had a great day! You deserve it! :)

Jenn said...

You don't look a day older than (insert perfect age you wish you were here). :) No, but seriously, you look the same as when I knew you, you look great! It's funny, i think the same things--that I still feel so young, and yet I have done all of these things (minus living in a foreign country, what are you, an over-achiever or something? ha!) Either way, happy birthday Rachel!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails