Friday, July 27, 2012

Random Japanese Thoughts

  1. Mosquitoes here are horrible.  They are everywhere.  We all  have multiple bites all over us all the time.  It's not cool.  And we are not the only ones.
  2. Everyone here is silent while riding on the trains...except my children.  The other exception might be cute old Japanese ladies on their way home after an afternoon shopping trip.
  3. I'm pretty sure this guy missed his stop.  I wish I could sleep like the Japanese.  They are always asleep on the trains and then wake up at the last second to get off at their stop.  I'm convinced some of them are faking it.

4. Hotels, etc. do not cater to families at all.  I'm convinced this is why they don't have very many kids.
5. I got my hair cut today.  It's now a few inches shorter.  Also, I got a shampoo and head massage.  It was awesome and well worth the extra money.
6. The cheapest pedicure I could fine was 4200 yen (roughly $54).  Sigh.  I guess I will have to wait until I am back in the SLV.
7. Rolly polly bugs are everywhere.  The kids sing songs about them.
8. Kelsie knows more Japanese than I do.
9. I now know why all of the gajins (foreigners) leave during the summer.  It's hot.  I do not care what my electric bill is this month.  The A/C is staying on and I am not leaving my house if it is not necessary.
10.  Not having a car is a great exercise program.  I don't diet at all, and I lost 9 pounds this month (also in part to having a nursing baby).  However, Kurt is losing his muscle.  He doesn't have any trees to chop down...time to find something else to do I guess.
11.  Apparently you can't great pregnant while nursing a baby in Japan. They won't give you any short of birth control pills until you baby is at least 3 months old, and even then it's rare to get pregnant....(at least that is what the doctor I saw thinks.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails